The 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation* was just released. According to Gartner: “Cloud and digital business demand a shift toward continuous quality. Application leaders must support their teams in integrating and effectively utilizing test automation tools in their DevOps toolchain, to enable continuous delivery. This report will help in vendor selection.”
How Does Tricentis Compare?Tricentis has been named a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Software Test Automation research report for the fourth consecutive year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018). Tricentis was positioned furthest to the right on the completeness of vision axis for the second consecutive year. In its explanation of completeness of vision, the report notes, “Leaders having a Completeness of Vision are strong in their ability to reach the market via a compelling message and in delivering a solid solution globally. As enterprises engage in multiyear transformations involving agile, DevOps and bimodal practices, the ability of a vendor to create a vision of test automation that consistently creates value along the way and drives positive change will be crucial. The key messages now are around productivity and the ability to aid in technology and process transformation.”
New: Agile Dev Testing with Tricentis qTestWe believe that Gartner’s research is extremely thorough and detailed—comprising industry surveys, customer inquiries, product evaluations, and more. Not surprisingly, the evaluation process is a long one (it started in Q2 this year). Since our initial response to the survey questions, we have significantly expanded our platform. The most notable change is that Tricentis qTest was recently added to the Tricentis Continuous Testing Platform. For Agile teams, Tricentis qTest adds a suite of software testing tools designed to improve speed, efficiency and collaboration throughout the software testing lifecycle. It provides:
- Agile Test Management through manual and automated test traceability to Jira issues, bugs, and releases in real-time.
- Shift Left Quality Approaches with open source test automation management (making open source testing tools more productive), test script scheduling, and support for BDD.
- Predictive Test Analytics to gauge release readiness through executive level dashboards and portfolio level reporting.
- Continuous Testing across all enterprise systems (web, SAP, mainframes, APIs, mobile…)
- Test orchestration across teams, projects, and applications
- Centralized visibility and traceability across all teams