Evolving from JMeter load testing
Office Depot Europe is currently migrating all EU legacy websites onto a single SAP Hybris web platform. The Hybris web application has a three-tier architecture. The production and performance test environments are hosted externally to Office Depot Europe within the Hybris cloud.
For the initial pilot rollout, it was decided that JMeter would be used for load testing. After the successful pilot go-live, the QA team was tasked with carrying out a technical proof of concept to identify the preferred load testing tool for future performance testing. They needed a tool that met technical criteria defined by the QA team and also addressed some of the drawbacks they encountered with JMeter. For example:
- Limited reporting functionality built into the tool
- Stability problems under load and extended durations of time
- Complex interface did not allow for cross-training throughout the team
- Limited ability to integrate Selenium to measure front-end performance
- No possibility for client-side mobile testing within JMeter