Tricentis NeoLoad, the market-leading continuous performance testing solution, has just released version 7.7.
What’s new in this release?
Now you can generate standard performance reports “out of the box” directly from NeoLoad dashboards. The preconfigured reports are easily customizable, and data graphs can be exported as .csv files. For enhanced ease of use and greater security, logging in to NeoLoad SaaS login is now via Single Sign-on (SAML). NeoLoad now natively connects to your Prometheus monitoring system so you get all the relevant metrics you need for your performance analysis. And you can redefine existing Prometheus monitors with as-code variables to achieve a high-degree of automation.
The highlights in a nutshell:
Dashboards: Preconfigured reports
Standard reports are now available from the NeoLoad dashboard. You can access the standard, or “canned,” reports directly from the test overview or from the dashboards section. Once generated, the standard report can be customized.
Export data tables as csv
Export a data table into a .csv formatted file.
Single sign-on (SSO)
NeoLoad SaaS login is now configurable to use single sign-on (SAML). The login is also SSO enabled to access Tricentis NeoLoad portal (Tricentis Acadey, Support, etc.). If you are on a SaaS Enterprise plan, contact support to get set up.
NeoLoad can now natively connect to your Prometheus monitoring system and get all the relevant metrics you need for your performance analysis. Create real-time visibility into multiple Prometheus requests in the NeoLoad Prometheus monitor.
Structure the values of your metrics with labels and legends to customize how you analyze the application.
Redefine existing Prometheus monitors with as-code variables to achieve a high-degree of automation.
The promQL requests are resolved during the initialization phase of the run to define the counters list.
Manage Instances for Microsoft-family monitors
To avoid reconfigurations between test runs, you can now specify instances with matching regular expressions instead of picking them in the instances list. This is particularly useful with instances that change names between runs and that answer to a naming pattern in dynamic environments (e.g., Hyper-V network adapters, IIS process names etc.).
The regular expressions are resolved during the initialization phase of the run to define the counters list.
Dynamic infrastructure improvements
Test providers’ settings from the settings panel.
Cluster events now appear in the logs.
Customize labels for the orchestrator of your choice: this allows for integration with all your enterprise systems that use labels as criteria, such as self-service or billing systems.
Python CLI: Bamboo CI integration examples
Find ready-to-use examples of Bamboo CI configurations among the growing library of pre-configured NeoLoad Python CLI examples (Azure DevOps, Gitlab, AWS CodePipeline, etc.). Use Bamboo as-code V1 and V2 scripts to connect to your NeoLoad platform, run your tests, and automatically decide to pass/fail your CI pipeline according to your SLAs.
- API: SCIM-compatible Delete user endpoint: SaaS account admins and on-prem admins are now able to programmatically remove all roles or delete a user from their NeoLoad user base through an API endpoint. The endpoint is SCIM-compatible, making it possible to integrate it into an identity management system if needed. Configurations using NeoLoad LDAP connector cannot use this mechanism, as the user provisioning is managed by the LDAP directory.
- Controller: Case insensitive flags — when designing a test, an option allows you to flag requests based on a case-insensitive search.
- Controller: Automatic login to the cloud platform — as long as the controller is configured to connect to NeoLoad Web SaaS, the authentication token will be used to connect to the cloud platform instead of requesting a login/password. Login and password are still required when the controller is connected to an on-premises NeoLoad Web.
- Java 11 Support (preview): A technical preview of the controller and load generators is available if your Java code or libraries used by NeoLoad needs Java 11. Contact support to request access to the preview.
- API: Get all workspaces — admins now get a list of all workspaces, whether they are a member of it or not.
- SaaS account identifier: The SaaS account identifier is now displayed next to the account name in the user’s profile page.