As part of our efforts to facilitate and make your experience with Tricentis as user-friendly, enjoyable and productive as possible, Tricentis may collect and use certain information you provide to us.
Please review the entire policy to learn about the types of Personal Data Tricentis processes, what Personal Data is disclosed to third-parties, and how Tricentis protects your Personal Data.
- Information Tricentis Collects
- How is Personal Data Collected
- Legal basis for collecting Personal Data
- Usage of your Personal Data
- Sharing of Your Personal Data
- Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
- Our Retention of your Personal Data
- Your Rights to Your Personal Data
- Third-Party Service Providers, Links to other Sites, Third-Party Advertising
- International Transfer
- Children’s Privacy
- Contacting Tricentis
1. Information Tricentis Collects
As you interact with us and use our Product and Sites, Tricentis may collect and use Personal Data from you such as contact details (e.g. name, email address, phone number) as well as voluntarily given personal information about you. Further, Tricentis may also collect information regarding your digital identity, such as login name, screen name, nickname, or handle; device information like manufacturer and model of your device; Internet Service Provider (ISP); Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (or another device identifier); browser type; and operating system as well as metadata (e.g. location, cookies, access times and dates, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, pages of the Sites that you visit; the time spent on those pages or interacting with certain portions of the Sites, information you search for on the Sites).
Tricentis does not collect or use any sensitive Personal Data and does not want you to provide us with such. Sensitive Personal Data are special categories of Personal Data which is by law considered more sensitive, such as: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, sex life or sexual orientation.
2. How is Personal Data Collected
2.1. Information you provide to us. If you use our Sites or communicate with us (by phone, chat, email, Web forms, social media or other means of communication), you may be required to provide us certain information and Personal Data, in the following ways:
- by filling in forms on our Sites, subscribing to our services, posting material, requesting further services or applying for a job at Tricentis;
- when you report a problem with or have a question about our Products;
- when you contact us, records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses);
- by responding to surveys that Tricentis might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- by fulfilment of your orders, details of transactions you carry out through our services;
- by your search queries on our Sites or through our services.
2.2. Information provided by our business partners. Tricentis may receive Personal Data about you submitted to us by your employer. Although, Tricentis requires our business partners not to share Personal Data with us, Tricentis cannot control what our business partners disclose. Our Products are intended to be accessed and used by multiple users, so our business partners may provide your Personal Data for using our Products.
If your Personal Data has been submitted to us and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please get in touch with respective business partner directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of the business partner who submitted your data, since Tricentis has no or very limited ability to access data our business partners submit to our Products. Tricentis will then refer your request to respective business partner and support as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
2.3. Information from your use of our Products. For improving our Tricentis Software, Tricentis uses a tool that helps us to improve our Software and your user experience by sending telemetry data on how you use our Software to our servers (“Tosca Diagnostics”). If you use our Software you may be asked in the setup procedure to activate Tosca Diagnostics, by an opt-in check box. All data are collected on a company and not on user level, therefore no Personal Data of you will be permanently stored and/or processed. You can get a copy of the collected data for your company through Tosca Diagnostics itself.
2.4. Information from your use of our Sites. Tricentis may collect your usage information about how you use our Sites, including your access times, location, browser types and language, and IP addresses to track and aggregate information (e.g. Tricentis use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Sites or when you log into our Sites as part of Tricentis’ features).
Tricentis may collect device-specific information when you access our Products and Sites, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Products and Sites.
This information is collected automatically by our servers when you access our Sites or use our Products and is statistical data, which may or may not include Personal Data, but Tricentis may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data Tricentis processes in other ways or receives from third-parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our Sites. The technologies Tricentis uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Tricentis may also collect information about you from your interaction with and use of certain functionalities, such as:
- Messaging. The Sites provide messaging to enable users to communicate with one another and/or with us. Tricentis may review communications made between users using the Sites’ messaging for legitimate business purposes, including in the course of customer service investigations regarding user complaints and disputes between users.
- Public Forums. If you use any bulletin board, chat room, comment posting feature, or other public communication service, forum, or feature offered through the Sites, or post any information available for viewing by other users, any of the information that you share will be visible to other users. The information that you make available can be read, used, and collected by other users to send you unsolicited messages outside of the Sites. Tricentis is not responsible for the manner in which the Personal Data that you decide to share in this way will be used by other users.
- Social Media. Tricentis operates and maintains networking pages on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Tricentis may import comments and posts from these third-party platforms to our Sites. If you post to any of our networking pages on third-party social media platforms, you are providing information to the public and do so at your own risk. Please visit the privacy policies of any third-party social media platforms.
2.5. Information from Other Sources. Tricentis may also collect information about you:
- from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources;
- from our business partners, including our resellers, third party marketing partners, or third-party service providers Tricentis may engage to provide you with certain aspects of our services or products, such as help desk service providers or hosting services;
- if you attend one of our events, or from social networks, public sources, and our third-party analytics service providers.
3. Legal basis for collecting Personal Data
Tricentis processes Personal Data on the following legal bases:
- your consent to such processing;
- for the performance of a contract between us and your employer (our business partner), or to take steps prior to entering into a contract between us and your employer (our business partner);
- our legitimate interest, where – in all circumstances – Tricentis will limit such processing to what is necessary for its purpose and includes following:
- intra-company transfers of employee/ business partner data for admin purposes;
- product development and enhancement – where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers, and to better understand how people interact with our Sites;
- communications, marketing and intelligence – including processing data for direct marketing purposes and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising;
- fraud detection and prevention (crime prevention);
- industry watch-lists and industry self-regulatory schemes;
- enhancement of our cybersecurity, including improving the security of our network and information systems; and
- general corporate operations and due diligence;
- compliance with our legal obligations.
4. Usage of your Personal Data
Tricentis will use Personal Data only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. Tricentis will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current
- to provide, maintain, personalize and improve our Products and Sites and to deliver the information and support you request, including support, marketing and administrative messages;
- to send you news and information and to communicate with you about our Products. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, Tricentis may still send you non-promotional communications, such as account or our ongoing business relations.
- to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences;
- to track and analyse trends and usage relating to our Products and Sites;
- to protect our rights or property;
- to compare information for accuracy;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you relating to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and/or our business partners and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Products Tricentis provides to you;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Tricentis may combine Personal Data about you that Tricentis has collected from different sources, for example, by combining publicly available information from various sources to help analyse sales opportunities.
5. Sharing of Your Personal Data
Tricentis only shares Personal Data with contractors, service providers and other third parties who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which Tricentis discloses to them or unless you expressly consent to share Personal Data with a specified third party.
5.1. With your consent. Tricentis may share Personal Data for any lawful purpose to which you have expressly consented or directed, or to fulfil the purpose for which you provided the Personal Data to us.
5.2. Our Business Partners and Vendors. Tricentis may provide Personal Data to our business partners and vendors for any of the following: to facilitate the Sites; to provide the Sites or portions of the Sites on our behalf; to perform related services to our Products, including, maintenance services, database management, fulfilment, web analytics, and improvement of the features or functionality; or to assist us in analysing how the Sites is being used.
5.3. Compliance with Law and Protection. Tricentis may release Personal Data when Tricentis believes, in our sole discretion, that release is appropriate:
- to comply with any court order, subpoena, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce agreements, Tricentis has with you or your employer;
- if disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our business partners or others;
- to prevent activity that Tricentis believe, in our sole discretion, may be or may become illegal, unethical, or legally actionable (including exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection).
5.4. Business Transfers. As Tricentis continues to develop business, Tricentis may buy, sell, or share assets in connection with, a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or bankruptcy. In such transactions, Personal Data may be a transferred business asset, if Tricentis itself or substantially all of our assets are acquired.
5.5. Aggregate Site Usage Information. Tricentis may release aggregate and anonymized/pseudonymized Personal Data to advertisers and other third parties in order to promote or describe use of the Sites.
6. Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
Your provision of Personal Data may be required to use certain parts of our Product, for example if you send us a support request. If you do not provide such Personal Data, you may not be able to access and use our Sites and/or our Products, or parts of it.
7. Our Retention of your Personal Data
Tricentis may retain your Personal Data for a period consistent with the original purpose of collection. Tricentis keeps your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our Products and for a reasonable period afterward. If you are a business partner’s employee, Tricentis may delete your Personal Data from our systems within 7 years after termination of your agreement with us, insofar no other duration is necessary to be compliant with applicable laws. Tricentis also may retain your Personal Data during the period needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
8. Your Rights to Your Personal Data
According to applicable data protection laws, you may have the following rights in connection with your Personal Data which are processed by us.
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data which Tricentis hold about you.
- Right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Data if your Personal Data are inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to request a deletion of your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- Right to object: You may have the right to object to process your Personal Data, if Tricentis does not have no other legitimate grounds besides your consent on doing so.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to a copy of your Personal Data which Tricentis process.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may update or correct information about yourself by emailing us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. Tricentis may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements or for other legitimate business purposes.
Please update your Personal Data on a regular basis to ensure its integrity for the purposes of ongoing data management.
9. Third-Party Service Providers, Links to other Sites, Third-Party Advertising
10. International Transfer
Tricentis may use third-party service providers to process and store Personal Data in the European Union, the United States and other countries, which may be outside of your country of origin.
Tricentis implements suitable security measures to ensure that your Personal Data is protected, since Tricentis may transfer Personal Data out of your jurisdiction. Tricentis executes a Data Privacy and Data Security Agreement with third parties with whom Tricentis may share Personal Data, if required by law.
Tricentis employs administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, considering technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. Tricentis uses commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and employs SSL – a specialized encryption and security technology –or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Data.
Please note that no security system is impenetrable. Accordingly, Tricentis cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor that information you supply won’t be intercepted. Tricentis is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within Products and Sites. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Products and Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you should not share your password with anyone.
Tricentis will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Data to you via email or posting through the Sites in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
12. Children’s Privacy
Our Products and Sites are not directed to children younger than sixteen (16) years of age and Tricentis does not intend to collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Site and do not send any information about yourself to us.
13.1. Cookie Definition. Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored on your computer or mobile device. They are generally used to make websites and cloud-based services work better and more efficient, e.g. they can recognize you and remember important information that will make your visit of a website or cloud-based service more convenient (e.g., by allowing you to enter a password less frequently or remembering user preferences). Taken alone, cookies do not personally identify you – rather, they merely recognize your web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Tricentis, either by opening an account, filling out a web form (such as by signing up for a free trial) or you have previously identified yourself to us, you remain anonymous.
13.3. Types of Cookies. Tricentis uses different types of cookies on our Sites to make your interaction easy and meaningful. The Sites may include first-party cookies, that send data directly to Tricentis and contractors acting on our behalf, including cookies used to monitor, analyse, and administer the Sites, and third-party cookies, that send data to our contractors for their own commercial use. Further, Tricentis use session cookies, which exist only during one session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain on your computer or device after you close your browser.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to the operation of our Products and Sites. They are used to facilitate our log-in process, authenticate users, and enable you to navigate the Sites and to use their features. They are also used by our employees for in product messaging and analytics. Without these cookies, Tricentis may not be able to provide certain Products and the Sites may not perform as smoothly for you as Tricentis would like.
- You have no option to opt-out of the use of strictly necessary cookies, since they are essential to operate our Products and Sites.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember the choices you make while visiting our Sites and to provide enhanced and more personalized content and features, such as customizing a certain webpage or application page, remembering if Tricentis has asked you to participate in a promotion and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. To permit your connection to the Sites, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. These features help us to improve your visit and assist in navigation of the Sites’ features.
- You may manage, or to opt out of the use of functionality cookies on our Sites, please see instructions below. Opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Sites.
- Analytics Cookies. Tricentis and our service providers may use analytics cookies, to collect information and enable us to improve them by collecting information how you use the Sites, for instance, which pages you go to most. The information allows us to see the overall patterns of usage, help us record any difficulties users may have while using the Sites and show us if our advertising is effective.
- You may manage, or to opt out of the use of analytics cookies on our Sites, please see instructions below. Opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Sites.
- You may manage, or to opt out of the use of advertising cookies on our Sites, please see instructions below. Opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Sites.
- Third-Party Cookies. Tricentis may work with third-parties to provide services on our Sites such as, Tricentis uses analytics services supported by third-party companies who generate analytics cookies on our behalf. Tricentis may not have access to these cookies, although Tricentis may use statistical information arising from the cookies provided by these third parties to customize content and for the other purposes described above. These companies may also transfer this information to other parties where required to do so by law, or where such other parties process the information on their behalf.
13.4. Control of Cookies. If you want to control cookies, you could view cookies stored on your hard drive, choose if to permit cookies to be set by default by changing browser settings or delete the cookies stored on your hard drive. The main web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings directly through their sites and are typically found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. Please be aware, that your decision to control cookies may affect your experience of our Sites. Turning cookies off, for instance, will prevent you from registering for, signing in to, and using many of the services on our Sites.
13.5. “Do not Track”-Signal. Some web browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track”-signals to websites, or users may use similar mechanisms, to indicate a user’s preference that certain web technologies not be used to track the user’s online activity.
15. Contacting Tricentis
You may also reach out by regular mail to:
Tricentis GmbH – Headquarter
Attn: Legal Department – Data Privacy
1220 Vienna, Austria
For a complete list of the Tricentis group please see https://www.tricentis.com/about/locations/.