According to Gartner, “Selecting any strategic technology investment is challenging due to the large amount of money, time and resources dedicated to finding and implementing the best-fit solution for your organization. Specifically, for RPA, there are significant complications based on:
- The rapidly evolving market, which means that assessing long-term vendor viability is challenging.
- A lack of transparency on TCO and the disparate pricing models that make it hard to identify the best possible deal.
- The broader scope of automation, which means that RPA platforms fail to fulfill all the requirements of the enterprise. Broader business process management and integration technologies are needed.”*
Whether you’re just launching an RPA or initiative or experiencing “buyer’s remorse” with your current RPA vendor, we think that Gartner’s new report How to Choose Your Best-Fit Vendor for RPA Software Platforms is a “must-read.” We believe that you will learn:
- 5 steps to moving beyond the marketing hype and selecting the RPA solution that’s the best fit for your specific needs
- What questions to ask—in RFI/RFPs as well as vendor demos/presentations
- How to assess the true total cost of ownership, including the maintenance costs that are commonly overlooked
* How to Choose Your Best-Fit Vendor for RPA Software Platforms. 20 June 2019. Analyst(s): Saikat Ray, Derek Miers
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.