We’re honored to have Jayne Groll speaking at Tricentis Virtual Summit. Jayne is the co-founder and CEO of DevOps Institute, one of the driving forces in the DevOps community since its inception, and the human behind “The Humans of DevOps.“
2020 has underscored how the human element plays an absolutely essential role in our collective success. Jayne has been researching the human elements of DevOps success for years, so we thought she was a perfect fit to headline this year’s event.
Among countless other contributions, Jayne has spearheaded one of the industry’s most influential — and interesting — DevOps benchmark reports along with her colleague Eveline Oehrlich: the Enterprise DevOps Skills Report. Past reports have found that as DevOps matures, human skills are growing increasingly important in relation to functional and technical skills. As Jayne put it: “Human transformation is the single most critical success factor to enable DevOps practices and patterns for enterprise IT organizations.”
At Tricentis Virtual Summit, Jayne’s keynote is on The Decade of the DevOps Human:
If we learned anything this year, it is that human transformation is an essential element of digital transformation for all enterprises. The DevOps Human of the new decade is no longer a siloed specialist, but rather a hybrid of deep and broad skills that is empowered with new competencies, lightweight processes, and a collaborative, empathetic spirit. This session explores the new paradigm of the DevOps Human, including how “test-driven” everything is changing the skills and culture landscape for development, operations, security and reliability roles. We’ll also look at hiring and upskilling trends as well as a review of skills data from DevOps Institute’s 2020 Upskilling DevOps research.
To give you a taste of what’s in store, here’s Jayne discussing the launch of DevOps Institute’s multi-year research project back at JenkinsWorld 2018 (in the world of face-to-face interactions):
The Human Side of Digital Transformation
If you scan the Tricentis Virtual Summit agenda (Americas | Europe | Asia-Pacific), you’ll probably notice a not-so-subtle trend: a focus on the human side of digital transformation. This conference is all about you: proven strategies you can apply in your own organizations, industry experts’ insight on the topics you’ve asked about most, and groundbreaking innovations that help you focus on the most interesting, creative, and meaningful aspects of your work.
Here are some of the human elements you can look forward to:
- Dell’s Adam Arakelian sharing the cultural and philosophical shifts required for successful DevOps “Continuous X” across 15K+ team members.
- Christian Plaichner chatting with 4 top QA leaders, exploring strategies for launching and scaling testing transformations in the “new normal.”
- Dr. Grigori Melnik and James Bach revealing Tricentis’ latest work on empowering serious testers, no matter what they’re working on or how they prefer to test.
- Microsoft DevOps Cloud evangelist/rockstar Abel Wang outlining actionable takeaways from Microsoft’s journey from Waterfall to DevOps, monolithic on-prem applications to the cloud.
- Leaders from Pfizer, Danone, and Google providing insight into the top CIO priorities for the upcoming year — and how you can best contribute to their success.