Health Support Queensland (HSQ) — a division of Queensland Health — provides a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support, and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline healthcare. They have developed a sophisticated application landscape, including both modern and legacy applications, to fulfill this mission with the high degree of accuracy and flexibility expected for today’s healthcare field.
With these clinical and business systems, unexpected application behavior could have significant consequences. That’s why HSQ’s dedicated Testing Service is committed to thoroughly testing their ~450 applications as they evolve and as their underlying platforms are updated. Recognising that a new path forward would be required to maintain this high standard as both update frequency and system complexity increased, senior QA management started exploring strategies to streamline their mission-critical testing process.
Tricentis helps Queensland Health efficiently test 450+ applications whenever they—or dependent applications (e.g., web-based portals, SAP, Mainframe, Citrix and thick clients)—are updated.
- 75% faster test planning: from 60-90 minutes per test case to 10 minutes
- 3X faster manual test execution: 30 minutes per test case to 10 minutes
- 90% more efficient reporting: 3 hours to 30 minutes or less
- Increased effective resource utilization by 30%
- Seamless integration with Tricentis Tosca and other test automation tools
- A “single source of truth” for all test artefacts and results
- Real-time Jira integration provides full traceability from requirements to testing
- Increase from 0% to 40% test automation in phase 1 of the Tricentis Tosca rollout
- Test automation enables them to expand the scope of testing while freeing resources for the analytical and strategic work that truly requires human intelligence