Tricentis qTest Manager: a Jira test management alternative
Tricentis qTest Manager provides the benefits of an enterprise test case management tool using Jira test management. As an end-to-end Continuous Testing platform, Tricentis offers a suite of solutions that provide automated Agile and DevOps testing along with real-time business risk insight across the entire DevOps pipeline.
Tricentis qTest Manager provides real-time integration with Jira releases, issues, and defects. With Tricentis, you can plan, track, and test smarter and faster than ever before with a Jira testing tool built for Agile testing.
Tricentis qTest Manager provides:
- Test automation traceability. Tricentis consolidates all Cucumber automation into one location for enhanced traceability.
- Real-time integration. With Tricentis, data is always up to date — whether it’s requirements, defects, or other Jira issue types.
- Agile planning. The Jira test management capabilities of qTest are deeply integrated with Jira’s sprint planning process. Testers can align tests, user stories, tasks, epics, or custom Jira issue types to ensure coverage.
- Flexible deployments. qTest Manager works with all Jira deployments, including cloud, server, and data center.
- Smart and scalable technology. qTest makes it easy to map test projects to multiple Jira projects and instances.
- Enterprise reporting. Embedded quality metrics simplify reporting and provide certainty as to when issues are ready for production.
What is Jira?
Jira is a project management tool that is widely used by Agile software development teams for issue and project tracking. Jira is designed for both technical and non-technical users, enabling everyone on a development team to more easily plan, track, release, and report on software.
What is Jira test management?
Many development organizations have sought to use Jira as a test management tool. While the software was not designed for this purpose, development teams are often attracted by the prospect of consolidating issue tracking and testing tools on the same platform.
What are the issues with using Jira for test management?
As a test management tool, Jira has many limitations. The software lacks native test management functionality which leads to more inefficient workflows. Jira experiences significant performance issues when the number of test cases scales to tens or hundreds of thousands. Testers cannot automate execution of tests from within the platform. And Jira makes it exceptionally difficult to reuse tests, adding a significant amount of duplication as testers are forced to recreate tests over and over.