Introducing Tricentis RPA Studio
Tricentis just released Tricentis RPA Studio, a purpose-built RPA solution, on limited availability for current Tricentis Tosca customers and partners. 12+ years of customer-focused automation research and development allowed us to lead software test automation to RPA. Tricentis is the first software testing vendor to offer enterprise-grade RPA with a complete vision.
We began to invest in R&D for RPA last year as a natural extension of our automation journey. We now have several beta customers who have been helping our product design and development efforts. Their feedback has been quite positive. The next step is to expand product access to our qualified Tricentis Tosca customers and partners to receive additional input before we go to market more broadly.
Where Traditional RPA Solutions Fall Short
We did not develop just another RPA solution. Rather, our goal was to fill a gap left by traditional RPA solutions—to solve the problem that enterprises are facing with them today. Speaking to enterprise customers, industry experts and specialist partners that have been working with RPA for many years, we have come to identify three fundamental problems:
- Today’s RPA market is dominated by UI automation and screen scraping, making it difficult to automate complex enterprise processes. Given that the “A” in RPA stands for “automation,” enterprise-grade automation requires a very mature technology.
- Bots are not resilient. They break with any changes in the UI, data source, business processes or IT environment. Bot breakdowns result in costly RPA downtime and maintenance. Sources such as The Wall Street Journal and Forbes validate this point!
- There is growing customer interest in a common automation solution across RPA, infrastructure services, and software testing. However, the architecture of traditional RPA solutions is too simple to handle other automation needs, such as test automation.
To address these problems, we offer three major capabilities in Tricentis RPA Studio: Resilient Automation, Fast Time to Business Value, and Simplicity/Usability.
- Resilient Automation: Tricentis has built enterprise RPA. Bots created in Tricentis RPA don’t break easily, and your RPA continues to run. Bots are resilient, thanks to our object-driven approach which does not rely on the location of target information (as UI automation or screen scraping do) and can also interact with APIs. Even if bots break—and they will sometimes break for either business or technology reasons—they can quickly adapt to changes. You can maintain bots in minutes, with minimal technical assistance from IT, thanks to a scriptless interface enabled by model-based automation.
- Simplicity/Usability: We want to democratize RPA. We believe that everyone in your organization should be empowered to do RPA—not just a select few. That’s why we built the only RPA solution that’s truly business-professional-ready. In addition to the scriptless design, visual tools such as flow chart, scanning, and drag-and-drop functionalities let business professionals fully leverage their business process knowledge and run RPA without the need for a learning curve.
- Fast Time to Business Value: Resilient bots and empowered business professionals extend the RPA uptime while minimizing the downtime, thanks to model-based automation. Also, our out-of-the-box integration with 150+ applications and technologies accelerates the RPA implementation. Last but not least, Tricentis RPA can import test cases directly from Tricentis Tosca. Given your experience with Tricentis model-based automation, you can speed up bot implementation and reduce the maintenance effort significantly. Our customers have achieved a 40-50% reduction.
Incorporating these capabilities, Tricentis RPA Studio lets business users design, implement, test, and publish bots self-sufficiently using our proprietary model-based automation engine, combined with visual tools such as flowcharts and drag-and-drop functionalities.
How is Tricentis RPA Different than Tricentis Tosca?
For both Tricentis Tosca and Tricentis RPA, the core technology is automation, and they are built upon our market-leading automation engine. These two products have similar UI and UX. That being said, they are different in several ways.
- Tricentis Tosca for test automation: Enables an organization to design, develop, maintain, manage, execute and analyze automated functional tests. Tricentis Tosca automates a realistic business process in test environments to see where an application fails. The goal is to make informed decisions about whether an application is too risky to release. Test automation requires stateful, secure, and compliant test data in each of the test scenarios as well as a risk-based test prioritization.
- Tricentis RPA for robotic process automation: Enables an organization to automate sequences of tasks in production environments and execute a clearly-defined path using the software robot through a process. A bot needs to follow the exact business flow without any ambiguity and deviation—no exceptions allowed. The goal is to complete work faster without errors or breaking the automated process. RPA is rule-based (perform ‘if, then, else’ statements) and operates with real, structured data, using a combination of UI interaction or by connecting to APIs to drive client servers, mainframes or HTML code.
With two distinct, separate objectives, these two products are used by different functional teams. Software test automation specialists use Tricentis Tosca while people in business operations use Tricentis RPA. Of course, if you’re a Tricentis Tosca user, you can facilitate rapid adoption of Tricentis RPA across departments within your company using your Tosca expertise.
What Are the Other Components of Tricentis RPA and When Will They Be Available?
In addition to RPA Studio, we are building RPA Orchestrator. Tricentis RPA Orchestrator lets business users manage a bot network to distribute the workload and scale the implementation. Using an intuitive web-based dashboard, they can monitor the status of each automated process and track the cost savings and other business outcomes in real time.
We will make Tricentis RPA, both Studio and Orchestrator, generally available this spring. Stay tuned!
Learn More About Tricentis RPA…and How it Can Help Your Business
Want to learn more about Tricentis RPA to see if it’s a good fit for your organization?
- Join our webinar: Introducing Tricentis RPA – a Superior Approach to Process Automation
- Sign up for one of our demo sessions: March 14, | March 19 | March 21 | March 26 | March 28
- Read the paper: Why Resilient Automation: Maximizing Business Value While Minimizing Business Downtime
- Get the data sheet: Tricentis RPA…Resilient. Fast. Simple
- Explore the Tricentis RPA site