Did you know that businesses can deal with and process all their procurement activities within their browser?
At least – that’s the promised benefit of integrating SAP S/4HANA with SAP Ariba on SAP Fiori Launchpad. SAP Ariba is a premier business trade system, driving cloud-based procurement, acquirement, and invoicing. It can increase sales by up to 20%, resulting in higher profit margins for businesses.
The question is: how can you use the new SAP functionalities without breaking the whole system?
SAP Ariba can be smoothly integrated with other tools such as SAP S/4HANA, SAP Fiori, SAP backend, and other software. This provides businesses across the globe with the deployed-on-premise capacity to run both invoice automation and purchase order business processes digitally. This is important as it helps businesses to both optimize their core efficiencies in the source-to-pay processes, and reduce the operational costs incurred when exchanging procurement documents.
For a developer to create synergy between the SAP S/4HANA and the SAP Ariba processes however, you need an ingenious and a thorough back-end testing approach to the pre-online product. It’s crucial to ensure that the system works as required and that all business processes are in harmony. This can be done by launching the SAP Ariba system on SAP Fiori – a launchpad that is able to handle both SAP S/4HANA and SAP Ariba.[/vc_column_text][image_with_animation image_url=”40352″ alignment=”center” animation=”None” border_radius=”none” box_shadow=”none” max_width=”100%”][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”10″][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”10″][vc_column_text]Automators, a Tricentis partner, worked with CNT Management Consulting to integrate SAP Ariba on a SAP S/4HANA system. They were required to run test cases on this system to ensure that the quality of integration was good, and that the software behavior from the user perspective was working as expected (by implementing automated test cases known at Automators as “dynamic robots”).
The SAP Ariba integration would demand automation from the start. However, running automated test cases on that system needed a clever flip-the-rules testing approach. The solution was to build up their automated testing or, dynamic robots. Dynamic robots were built from Tricentis Tosca right from the beginning of the integration of SAP Ariba. This effort also demanded a close collaboration with the SAP Ariba integration team. Their shift-left SAP testing approach was uniquely beneficial to both the testing and the SAP Ariba integration team. How?
Super fast SAP Ariba & SAP S/4HANA integration
Being part of the SAP Ariba integrating team allowed for close collaboration, high efficiency and gave us a much-needed time cut. They were able to test and find defects early in the SAP Ariba integration process. This not only saved them a lot of time and resources (some SAP modules need several months to be integrated) but also allowed them to fix defects cost effectively.
The documentation process was bliss
Tosca’s modular structure and Test Case Design capabilities enabled Automators to create understandable test cases which helped them to easily create documentation about the business processes. Testing early and adapting the test cases as the project developed ultimately transformed this into living documentation.
Shifting left to the future – expanded capabilities, cheaper and faster
- Cloud-Scale flexibility and capabilities: Since SAP Fiori and SAP Ariba are running in the cloud we had a chance to utilize the extensive cloud capabilities. They ran their automatic test cases in the cloud, which reduced their infrastructure costs. Furthermore, by executing test cases in the cloud, they were only required to pay the cloud machines per minute of usage. This enabled them to scale more efficiently at a lower cost.
- Increased ability to reuse existing test robots for future rollouts: We all know that companies start integrating SAP modules in one country and then roll their system out to several other countries. Right? But because each country has its own specific laws and business requirements, the system needs to be slightly adapted. Building up automated test cases from the start and using them to verify the quality of the initial integration process would certainly allow for maximum reuse of test robots for upcoming rollouts in other countries; thanks to Tosca’s modular structure. You never have to start from scratch again. Just leverage the experience gained from testing!
Why Automators chose Tricentis Tosca to build dynamic robots
A dynamic robot built on Tosca seamlessly integrates into the most common enterprise environments. In essence you can test your web services, cross browsers, UI and API to web and mobile, SAP, SAP Fiori, among others.
Advantages of using a Tosca-built dynamic robot (automated test case):
- It reduces regression testing from weeks to minutes
- It maximizes maintainability and reuses with model-based approach test automation
- It allows sustainable automation by leveraging the power of a proven, market-leading technology
- Allows the business team to gain clear insights into the risks and weaknesses of a product.