ServiceNow is a key enabler for a $100B+ manufacturing company’s digitalization and automation. An IT team that’s 6500 strong relies on ServiceNow to power their IT portal, streamline IT management across hundreds of countries, and optimize collaboration with a multitude of IT service providers. Their ServiceNow platform is continuously updated—in response to the company’s highly dynamic needs as well as the vendor’s biannual upgrades.
With 350K users and so much of the business riding on the Now platform, it’s essential to ensure that continuous enhancements do not disrupt business continuity. However, their existing testing processes was 100% manual, and no amount of manual testing could support the growing scope and pace of updates.
That’s why the team responsible for de-risking ServiceNow updates recognized that it was time for a digital transformation of their own. In addition to running faster and more rigorous regression testing on each release, they also wanted to free resources for the creative “exploratory” testing known for uncovering elusive yet insidious issues before they reach production. They had a clear vision for the what they should be doing—but they needed a solution that would empower them to jumpstart automation with minimal disruption.
Tricentis helped this top global manufacturer jumpstart test automation and de-risk continuous updates for a massive ServiceNow deployment.
- Weekly releases and upgrades are tested rigorously and released with high confidence
- Daily testing is embedded within their delivery process—providing fast feedback on change impacts and exposing defects that would have otherwise gone unnoticed
- Test coverage gaps were identified and addressed
- 100% of core functionality is tested before each release is deployed
- All stakeholders have real-time visibility into release readiness
- Developers and testers are relieved from mind-numbing repetitive checking—freeing more time for creative and analytical work
- Automated screenshots and video capture expedite defect reproduction and mitigation
- Increased collaboration and productivity by having all testing activities centralized within ServiceNow
- Business users without previous test automation experience began creating automation with minimal training using a point-and-click recorder