Managing tests with automated testing tools
Test automation technology is the key to successfully deploying automated testing tools. Test automation refers to automating the process of tracking and managing various manual and automated tests.
Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery require software to be tested throughout the software delivery pipeline. Managing all these testing requirements is an enormous administrative burden. Testing teams must find ways to keep track of which environments have deployed new code, how much of the system is covered by different tests, what additional tests might be required, and more.
The benefits of automated testing tools
- Reduce cost of testing. By automating many phases of software testing, organizations can eliminate the high cost of manual testing and reduce expenses by implementing more efficient testing processes.
- Save time. Automated testing tools can run 24×7, helping to save time and accelerate the development process.
- Faster feedback cycles. Automated testing tools enable tests to happen throughout the software development pipeline, providing developers with feedback earlier in the process. And automated tests return results faster to help accelerate production.
- Greater accuracy. Automated testing tools eliminate error-prone manual testing procedures to vastly improve the accuracy of tests.
- Reduced testing burden. By automating test processes, QA teams can spend more time writing new test cases and building new tools rather than endlessly performing the same manual test.
- Increase test coverage. By completing testing with an automated test suite, teams increase test coverage for the product and ensure that more features and functionality can be properly tested.
Leading automated testing tools from Tricentis
The Tricentis Continuing Testing platform provides a fundamentally different way to manage enterprise software testing. With a suite of solutions that are totally automated, fully codeless, and driven by AI, Tricentis enables organizations to dramatically accelerate software delivery, reduce costs, and improve quality across custom and enterprise apps.
Automated testing tools from Tricentis include solutions for:
- Intelligent test automation. Tricentis Tosca offers codeless test automation powered by AI to optimize and accelerate continuous testing of your entire enterprise application landscape.
- Agile test management. Tricentis qTest delivers scalable, in-sprint Agile test management for automated testing, exploratory testing, and BDD.
- App-native test automation. Tricentis Test Automation for ServiceNow automates testing for ServiceNow applications and workflows built natively on the Now platform.
- Data integrity testing. Tricentis Data Integrity offers automated end-to-end data integrity testing across the entire data landscape to prevent costly data migration, integration, and reporting issues.
- Analytics and reporting. Tricentis Analytics unifies real-time testing data and insights from analytics and data warehouse platforms.
- Performance testing. Tricentis NeoLoad offers performance testing for enterprise applications.
- Smart impact analysis. Tricentis LiveCompare enables smart impact analysis to ensure QA teams always know exactly what to test to de-risk SAP changes.
What are automated testing tools?
Automated testing tools are software applications that automatically review and validate software products before they are released. Automated tests are used by software developers, testers, and QA teams to test software faster and more often during the software delivery pipeline.
What are the advantages of automated testing tools
By embedding automated testing throughout the software development lifecycle, organizations can deliver higher quality software faster. Automated testing tools help reduce the cost of testing and improve accuracy as well. And because automated tools minimize the need for manual processes, QA teams are free to spend more time developing new test cases to improve the quality of their software products.
What is automated testing vs. test automation?
Automated testing is the task of performing software tests automatically rather than relying on manual processes. Test automation technology organizes, tracks, and manages the software testing process. Test automation solutions improve the testing process by automatically managing the extremely complex logistics of continuous testing.