Why run load tests?
Some applications and websites are designed to prepare for high traffic and heavy loads. To avoid production failure, a proactive approach to load testing is essential. This ensures your app can handle the desired volume of activity. Load testing lets you:
- Uncover bugs undetectable through other test methods. For example, memory management/leaks, buffer overflow, etc.
- Ensure your app can operate at the desired performance level – identified through performance testing
- Determine the operational capability of the app
- Validate that the current infrastructure can sustain the app
- Identify the maximum number of users the app can support; determine a level of scalability you can put in place to enable more people to access the app