Tricentis qTest: an alternative to Jira test case management
Tricentis is the industry’s #1 Continuous Testing platform, providing Agile test management and advanced test automation that’s optimized to support 160+ technologies. Part of a suite of solutions on the Tricentis platform, qTest Manager provides teams with a robust and easy-to-use test management solution that integrates with Jira in real time.
qTest enables development and testing teams to seamlessly integrate Jira issues and testing coverage. With qTest Manager, you can:
- Quickly import Jira requirement tickets into qTest using Jira issue filters
- Issue real-time updates to qTest when Jira requirements are created or modified
- View real-time changes to bug status against test run executions
- Produce test coverage reports for Jira issues
- View a traceability matrix report of requirements and test case associations
- View reusable test cases that are tied to Jira issues
- View test run history status on Jira issues
- Connect test activities with Jira projects
- Report on what test cases are satisfying Jira issues
- Understand when tests block Jira issues from moving to “Done” status
- Autofill test run results into Jira issues with no syncing required
- Instantly report test run results into Jira as Bug Issue Types for developers
What is Jira?
Jira is one of the most popular tools used by Agile software development teams to track issues and projects. Jira can be used by every member of the team, from developers and testers, to managers and business analysts. Jira simplifies the tasks of planning, tracking, releasing, and reporting on software using out-of-the-box or customized workflows.
What is a test case management tool?
Test case management tools help development organizations to more efficiently manage all aspects of software testing. Test management tools assist in planning and designing test strategies, capturing requirements, executing tests, and analyzing results.
Does Jira work for test case management?
Jira has limited test case management abilities. While some teams prefer using Jira because it unites development, QA, and testing on a single platform, Jira is not designed for testing, and lacks specific functionality required for test case management. Specifically, a Jira testing tool has limited ability to create optimal workflows for testing and provides no support for automated execution. Jira performance will suffer when scaling to handle tens or hundreds of thousands of test cases.