Benefits of implementing a software testing lifecycle framework
By adopting the process and best practices of the software testing lifecycle, QA and DevOps teams can achieve several key benefits.
- Identify and remove bugs. Testing is designed to find and address defects in the software as early as possible, when they are easiest and least costly to fix.
- Increase transparency. By strictly adhering to the structure of the testing lifecycle, teams can achieve greater transparency in the development process, helping to improve the quality and reduce the costs of preparing applications for release.
- Improve quality control. The software testing lifecycle is designed to improve both the technical quality of the application as well as the user experience.
- Enhance consistency. Conforming to the practices of the software testing lifecycle enables teams to create a more consistent process for developing and evaluating software, increasing efficiency, reducing costs, and enhancing quality.
- Increase confidence. The STLC enables teams to test software methodically at each stage of development, improving the confidence in each feature before additional functions are added.
Manage the software testing lifecycle with Tricentis qTest
Tricentis offers a fundamentally different way to approach software testing. With solutions that are totally automated, fully codeless, and intelligently driven by AI, Tricentis helps to accelerate digital transformation, application delivery, and cloud migration.
Tricentis offers a solution for unified test management in Tricentis qTest. Providing centralized management and visibility into activities in the software testing lifecycle, qTest helps to unify, manage, and rapidly scale testing across the enterprise to help ship releases faster with less risk.
Features of Tricentis qTest include:
- Test case management tools that simplify planning and organization of testing activities through every part of the development lifecycle
- Centralized test automation for managing both open source frameworks and commercial test automation tools
- Ability to build and customize DevOps workflows that streamline test orchestration, automation, and communication
- Exploratory testing tools that track all interactions from the testing session and automatically create defect documentation
- Customizable, shareable analytics and reporting across different projects and teams
Along with a test management tool, Tricentis offers a suite of products for intelligent test automation as well as black box testing, white box testing, performance testing, data integrity testing, chaos engineering, service virtualization, and more.